Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Never Forget

I love little old ladies. I just do! I don't know why, but for some reason I have always just been drawn to them! They are always so full of love and wisdom, and good laughter! There's something special about little old ladies. 

Yesterday we had the opportunity to talk to one of the sweetest little ol ladies that I have ever met! She just welcomed us right on in and we had a wonderful little chat. 

Throughout our conversation with her I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming of Gods love. Concerns that had been on my mind, or thoughts that I had thought were answered as she shared with us some of her experiences. There was such a sweet spirit in her home, and I know without a doubt that she was an answer to my prayers. 

After our visit I wrote down some of the things she had said that I want to always remember. I hope you enjoy her wisdom as much as I do.


Never Forget

Trust in the Lord, 
There's no reason to fear.

Have faith in sunshine,
your loved ones are near.

Don't dwell on the past,
for a moment too long,

But laugh at mistakes, 
feel Gods love and move on.

And most important of all, 
follow the spirit of truth,

Don't yield to Satan, 
stop doubts in their youth.

Never forget,
whose child you are,

For the King of Kings
loves you exactly as you are.

~Sister Janel A. Lewis

(Inspired by the words and testimony of Imogene Smith) 


I hope we never forget who we are, and who we can become. Never forget you are a daughter or son of a very loving and compassionate Father in Heaven who loves you exactly as you are. I hope we always remember that through our Savior, we have the potential to become like our Father in Heaven, and to return to live with Him again. I know this is a beautiful and most sacred truth. A truth which I hope to never forget. 


No comments:

Post a Comment