Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Right Where You Are

I love the prophet, Prophet Thomas S. Monson

 
Photo Source: LDS.org, The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
He truly is a man called of God. I always enjoy being able to listen to him speak during General Conference! How true this statement is:
"Prayer is the passport to peace." 
- President Thomas S. Monson
 

Right Where You Are

As I sally forth
in my every day cares,
often I pause
and think of worldly snares.

I think even deeper,
of what's in my heart,
I cry out in confusion,
it's always a good start.

Explaining my difficulties,
my fears and my scars,
Telling him what brings laughter,
and what I find bizarre!

And whether you think He's listening,
if you question if He's near or far,
I testify He's there for you,
exactly right where you are.

Impatiently we may wonder,
where's my "sign" that I may ponder?
Where's the answer that I've been seeking?
Where's my answer, the clocks are ticking?

Oh how impatient we are,
oh my proud foolish heart!
Just remember the star
on that glorious night!

For year after year
the prophets of old,
the birth of our Savior,
they foretold!

So what if our answer
doesn't come in a sinch?
In the wait there's a lesson,
it won't come in a pinch!

So diligently, in the mean-time,
I continue to ponder and pray,
In hopes that with the answer,
the lesson I've learned will stay there!
~Sister Janel A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment