Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Part of Who I Am

Part of Who I Am

To every thing
there is reason to reflect,
What was the cause,
did it have an effect?

Was eating a cookie
a sin in itself?
Or was the guilt later
the threat to my health?

Was the smile I smiled
as I waved to a friend,
a conscious deed a kindness
or a part of who I am? 

Do the actions I take
really say all that much? 
In the grand scheme of things,
is what I do enough?

Do the words I say,
read and listen to each day
uplift and strengthen,
or shy positive feelings away?

And what I do with truth,
whether it's relish, treasure and reflect, 
Do I place a priority 
on sharing my Heavenly wealth?

For above all else
we know the greatest blessings come
from sharing not our worldly shrine,
but of testifying of that which is most sublime! 
~Sister Janel A. Lewis


The thoughts that we think, the actions we take, and how we turn outward to bless others is truly what determines whether or not we are following in the Saviors footsteps!  

I am SO thankful for a very loving Father in Heaven who has blessed me with the opportunities that I have been given in life. He has blessed me with the knowledge of who I am, where I came from, why I am here on Earth, and how I can act in Faith and return to live with my family and my Father in Haven for all Eternity! This life is a time to progress! God doesn't expect us to be perfect, but He wants us to continually look forward with hope! I testify that our Savior did come to this Earth. He did atone for our sins. Because of His perfect love, we can return to live with our Father in Heaven again! By following our Savior Jesus Christ, we can find more lasting joy and peace in this life, and Salvation in the life to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment